Wanaka Wastebusters Limited, trading as Wastebusters, is committed to protecting your privacy, and to collecting and using personal information, only in accordance with this policy and the applicable laws and regulations. This includes the use of closed-circuit television (CCTV) at our zero waste hub on Ballantyne Road.
- We only collect personal information directly from you. It can be collected in any of the following ways:
- through our website or social media channels;
- via our online store;
- at our zero waste hub, workshops or events;
- through answers supplied in surveys or forms;
- by CCTV when you visit our premises.
- We can collect some or all of the following information from you:
- contact information, such as name, billing/shipping address, email address and phone number;
- demographic information, such as age, gender, and location;
- payment information, such as credit card number and expiration date;
- visual information, such as your image, vehicle registration or video footage captured by CCTV when you visit our premises;
- other information that you provide to Wastebusters, such as feedback or survey responses.
How we use your information
- Wastebusters may use your information to:
- provide you with the products or services you have requested;
- process your payments, and contact you about your account or order;
- improve and plan our community engagement projects;
- send you communications about our zero waste impact, activities and events in line with the preferences you have shared with us;
- improve website functioning by using web analytics to understand user interaction; and
- comply with legal requirements and/or protect our rights and interests.
Sharing your information
- Wastebusters will not give, sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others, including any visual information captured by CCTV, unless required to do so by law.
- We may use your information to send you information from Wastebusters, e.g. our newsletter, if you have agreed to this when you provided your details.
- You can choose not to provide certain personal information to Wastebusters, but doing so may prevent you from using certain features or services.
- You can opt out of receiving communications from Wastebusters by following the instructions in those communications or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our website and premises with CCTV have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information, including visual information, under our control.
- We takes measures to protect the security of your personal information, including:
- using industry-standard security measures to protect our computer systems;
- encrypting your personal information when it is transmitted over the internet; and
- limiting access to your personal information, including CCTV images, to authorised employees.
- Our website may contain links to other websites. Wastebusters is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other websites.
Wastebusters will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, or as required by law.
How to contact us
Wastebusters respects your right to view, amend, or request the deletion of any personal information, including visual information captured by CCTV, we hold about you, at any time. You can contact us at:
- +64 (0) 3443 8606
- Wanaka Wastebusters Limited, PO Box 16, Wanaka, 9343, New Zealand