That’s why we are founding members of Wānaka’s Food Security Network and are stoked to host a community pantry to help share surplus food within our community.
If you have a prolific fruit tree or a glut of veggies, you can bring them to the Wasties Pantry when you’re visiting us, or drop them off to your closest community produce stand.
Donate fresh fruit, veggies, seedlings, jams and preserves, eggs and baked goods at Wasties Pantry by the shop entrance, and don’t forget to take something too! It’s all about keeping good kai from going to waste.
As well as Wastebusters, there’s community pantries dotted around the Upper Clutha, including:
- Wānaka Community Hub, 34 McDougall Street
- Wānaka Recreation Centre, 41 Sir Tim Wallis Drive
- Grow Wānaka, Outlet Road
- Sherwin Avenue, Albert Town
- Lake Hāwea Community Centre, 28 Myra Street
- Kanuka Corner Early Childhood Centre, Francis Lane
- Sharing Shed, Hāwea Flat
- Hopkins Street, Luggate